Adélie has been maintained meticulously throughout the present 21-year ownership, with comprehensive spring re-fits each year which have always included re-varnishing all brightwork, mast and boom, re-painting topsides and deck, and antifouling. The engine has been serviced professionally every year and the sails, likewise, have been regularly washed and maintained professionally.
Major works to improve and/or refurbish Adélie over the years include:-
1. Installing the Yanmar 1GM10 engine, plus new sterngear and six-gallon stainless steel fuel tank (1987).
2. Replacing original canvas-sheathed tongue-and-groove deck with epoxy-sheathed ply; fitting new rubbing strakes, toerails, cabin coaming quadrants and other deck furniture (1988).
3. Fitting S/S pulpit, stanchions, stemhead roller fitting and mainsheet horse (1988).
4. Re-galvanising and re-fastening iron floors – most recently done in three stages in 2002, 2004 and this spring; keel-bolt also drawn in 2002.
5. Replacing galvanised water tank with 22-gallon (approx) S/S tank (2002).
6. Fitting Rotostay genoa reefing/furling gear – plus new genoa (1997).
7. Fitting “Stackpack” mainsail lazy-jack and stowage system (2000).
8. Fitting cockpit sprayhood (2004).
9. Stripping mast (2004) and boom (2007) to bare wood and refurbishing with Deks Olje system (20 coats D1 saturating oil; 6 coats D2 gloss top-coating).
10. New Stainless steel standing rigging and bottle screws (2007)