£98,000 - REDUCED!
Fair Lady II is a Steel, Twin Screw Motor Schooner,
built and designed to Lloyds 100A1, by Chantiers Dubigeon, Chantenay,
Nantes, France in 1925.
She offered luxury accommodation for up to 5 guests,
had a crew cabin for 4 and a captain's cabin. There were two baths!
by the current owner's engineer father, back in 1948, the family lived on her
and then brought her ashore for refit around 45 years ago. The son, the
current owner, being a welder by trade, started a major refit about 30 years ago
including completely re-plating the hull to above the waterline, repairing /
replacing frames and deck beams as necessary, new steel deck overlaid by Iroko
planking, new gunwales, and much restoring / rebuilding of the interior.
retired from his welding / grit blasting business thirteen years ago and has
worked on her restoration almost full time since then.
now, due to ill health, he has reluctantly, decided to sell her.
comes with twin Gardner 6LXB six cylinder diesel engines, fitted but not
completely installed with pipes, electrics etc..
She has recently been surveyed. The
surveyor says: -"FAIR LADY II has a hull and deck which are structurally in good condition. Rebuilding
and repairs have been carried out to a good standard and she is well protected by epoxy and
One proposal for her was to complete her as a Brigantine. However, with suitable work, she would make a great houseboat, office, restaurant, casino, or even a premises for a yacht club.
A 2010 Survey is available!. -
Click here to receive it
Classic Yacht updates